Want to know if Klaviyo is the right platform for you?
With a roster of 50,000+ customers, Klaviyo caters to businesses of all sizes and promises to deliver improved ROI through email and SMS marketing.
Let’s dive right in.
What We’ll Cover in this Klaviyo 2021 Review:
- What Klaviyo is
- Reasons to Choose Klaviyo
- Types of Businesses They Work With
- Breakdown of Features
- Klaviyo Cost Overview
- Unique Dedication to Customer Success
- Klaviyo: Academy + Community
What is Klaviyo?
Klaviyo is an email marketing platform.
Like other email platforms, it will help you create and automate campaigns. Unlike other email platforms, it uses its unique ability to segment, automate, and integrate to find new growth opportunities for its clients.
The software is able to store a business’ customer data in one consolidated place. This allows businesses to grow faster and in a way that’s in their control, which isn’t always the case with similar advertising and marketing methods.
Using the customer data Klaviyo’s gathers, you can build customer experiences across email and other owned channels. You can then measure the results in revenue, which is more beneficial to your bottom line than just opens, clicks, and purchase conversions.
Why Choose Klaviyo?
Klaviyo’s key attraction is its easy-to-use interface. It boasts best-in-class integrations that make it seriously simple to build emails and other customer experiences at scale.
With Klaviyo on your side, you can also take part in growth workshops that give you key insights into what it takes to grow your business.
Once you sign on to Klaviyo, you can depend on continued innovation. The company doesn’t plan on becoming obsolete, instead prioritizing machine-based learning and data science.
A huge perk for Klaviyo is that it eliminates technology sprawl. In other words, you can keep all your data integrated with one platform. As Klaviyo puts it, “You shouldn’t need to stitch technology together or pay more than once.”
Klaviyo does direct integrations, but also works in conjunction with the following platforms:
What Kinds of Businesses Does Klaviyo Work With?
Klaviyo works with businesses of every size. This means small businesses and large operations alike.
Currently, Klaviyo works with more than 50,000 businesses of varying sizes, all in a mission to help them grow. Some examples of businesses they work with are Custom Ink, Huckberry, Blenders Eyewear, Chubbies, and Nomad.
“I’ve really enjoyed using Klaviyo as a platform to connect with our customers. It’s very intuitive once you get familiar with the tools and their support team is incredibly helpful.” – Jenny Durre, Digital Coordinator for Beardbrand, a Klaviyo client.
Breakdown of Features for the Klaviyo Review 2021
Klaviyo’s features are specifically tailored to provide enterprise-level ecommerce marketing for businesses of every kind (even those who aren’t enterprise).
Types of features include:
- Fast integrations: Klaviyo integrates with ecommerce platforms and other marketing tools. Its API works with homegrown systems, too. As Klaviyo puts it, “Get all your important data in one place. No development required.”
- Targeting: Track website behavior with a few lines of code placed on your site. This helps you learn what your customers are doing on your site, so you can launch campaigns tailored to their experience.
- Powerful segmentation: Klaviyo bases segmentation on behavior, properties, or engagement with previous campaigns. For example, you can look at who spent more than $1,000 in the past six months, or you can tailor a custom audience for Facebook.
- In-depth personalization: You can pull in dynamic personalization for order details, cart contents, product recommendations, and custom web feeds. That’s a lot more nuanced than a customer’s name.
- Autoresponders, campaigns and Facebook ads: Use personalized lists to enhance your newsletters, one-off promotions campaigns, automated email flows, triggered series’ or Facebook ads. Start making passive income with pre-built autoresponders.
- Accurate reporting: Klaviyo boasts cold, hard facts. This means no deterministic models, deduplication, or anything having to do with an Excel spreadsheet. The reporting is ROI-based, which means you can see sales from email marketing based on actual transactions.
- Quick list imports: You can import existing lists from other email software providers like MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, ExactTarget and Constant Contact. The platform’s import wizard helps streamline the process.
- A/B testing: Data-driven marketers require split testing, and Klaviyo provides it. Select your experiments, send them and measure the results to help grow your business strategically.
- Email content creation: Incorporate your font and brand colors for easy-to-create emails with built-in workflows and default templates. If you want to use customizable pre-built templates or your own template uploads, that’s no problem. The drag-and-drop editor makes it extremely easy to create stunning displays. Insert dynamic content blocks into emails through custom web feeds. You can personalize them, too, with events, properties and custom attributes. Plus, pull in product recommendations directly into emails. All email templates are automatically optimized for mobile.
- Incorporate workflows: Klaviyo’s best practice ecommerce workflows make efficiency the norm. Some workflows include a welcome series for new subscribers, post-purchase follow ups and abandoned cart reminders.
- Customer profiles: Get a full 360-degree view of your customers, from website visit to purchase.
- Real-time tracking: Want to know how your email campaign is doing as we speak? Klaviyo makes room for that.
- SMS: Get a toll-free number from Klaviyo and use SMS marketing to capture attention, inspire action, build relationships, and grow revenue. According to Klaviyo, users who text see an average ROI that’s 24xhigher. This feature also supports two-way conversations.
- Social media marketing personalization: As Klaviyo puts it, “Dynamically transfer data to and from Facebook and Instagram to create relevant messages, deliver consistent experiences and build stronger relationships—all while making more money.” Synced data can help you generate more sales and acquire more of your best customers.
The Newest Feature to Know About for Klaviyo Review 2021
“It’s all about understanding your customer inside and out and showing up in the places they are whether that be social media or email so that you can connect with them in the most authentic way.” — Emily Ley founder of Simplified #ClubhouseChat
— Klaviyo (@klaviyo) June 10, 2021
Remember how we told you that Klaviyo is an innovator? This awesome new feature is the evidence:
Benchmarks: Marketing with benchmarks is a surefire route toward growth. The benchmark feature allows you to compare your brand’s performance to that of your competitors. In general, benchmark marketing is the process of looking at where you’re at versus your competitors. You use the information you gather to fill in and beat any gaps between where you and your competitors stand. Key performance indicators (KPIs) help to identify how you’re performing in your industry or local market.
RELATED: Benchmark Marketing: How to Monitor Progress in Digital Marketing
According to Klaviyo, the benchmarking feature lets you answer questions like:
- “Does my abandoned cart flow create as much revenue as it could?
- Does my welcome series engage new subscribers as much as it should?
- My brand is unique; how can I be sure benchmarks I’m finding are appropriate for me?
- For brands similar to mine, how many items are in the average order?”
“It’s great to be able to see different areas broken out within Benchmarks. I see we’re really strong with campaigns and our flows need a bit more attention. This gives me a good idea of areas we need to work on.” – Tim Frazer, Marketing Specialist at Quad Lock, Klaviyo client
How Much Does Klaviyo Cost?
While Klaviyo does offer free tiers for email and SMS, you may want to know about the software’s pricing across the board. The pricing depends on your email list size as well as how many contacts you plan on sending SMS text messages to each month.
The free email tier allows up to 500 emails to 250 contacts each month. Up to 10,000 contacts costs $150 per month, for example. Pricing is flexible and depends on your unique list.
The free SMS tier allows up to 150 messages to 50 SMS contacts each month. Up to 2,000 contacts costs $80, for example. Pricing is flexible and depends on your unique list.
Use Klaviyo’s flexible pricing calculator to determine what you might pay for Klaviyo (if you pay anything at all, that is). From that same page, you can also estimate your ROI while using Klaviyo.
Klaviyo’s Dedication to Customer Success
When you invest in Klaviyo, you receive extensive onboarding. Learn marketing tactics and techniques and grow your expertise with Klaviyo’s live training series.
You can register for training series options like:
- Account Setup
- Lists, Segments and Signup Forms
- Designing Emails that Convert
- Creating Automated Flows and Campaigns
- Decoding SMS Deliverability
These are just a handful of examples of Klaviyo’s latest training sessions. Even though the platform is already simple to use, they want businesses to be able to get the most out of their Klaviyo account.
Klaviyo’s Customer Success and Product Expert teams are also huge factors in our 2021 Klaviyo review. In most cases, you won’t be charged extra for this support.
Every Klaviyo customer with at least 125,000 contacts qualifies for their own Customer Success Manager (CSM). This CSM can do a lot for your business, like offering help with onboarding, deliverability, optimization, strategic advice, design support and more.
Direct onboarding support means you’ll be able to reap the rewards of improved ROI from the get go.
Klaviyo’s customer support is available primarily via email and live chat. As long as you have at least 400 contacts, you can live chat with Klaviyo Product Experts during regular business hours Eastern Time.
The Klaviyo Help Center is also rich with articles, guides and videos to help you troubleshoot. You can find what you’re looking for by browsing through categories like architecture and data model, lists and segments, flows, compliance and more.
- 4 Ways to Grow Your Opted-In Email List
- Email Design That Captures (& Keeps) Your Readers Attention
- The Complete Guide to Automated Email Sequences
- Email + SMS: Why Integrating Will Boost Reach & Conversions
Klaviyo Academy and Klaviyo Community
Turn your browsers into buyers! Check out these helpful tips and examples of browse abandonment emails that will help you level up your strategy: https://t.co/znms7kNSd0 pic.twitter.com/RNd2QcBjSf
— Klaviyo (@klaviyo) June 14, 2021
Klaviyo Academy offers courses and certifications that teach you how to grow your business using Klaviyo software. Choose from basic, intermediate or advanced courses. Differentiate by goals like awareness, acquisition, conversion and loyalty.
Outside of courses, you can also partake in the Klaviyo Community.
The Klaviyo Community forum boasts nearly 4,000 members with 1,400+ topics.
In addition to all of these offerings, Klaviyo hosts traditional webinars (e.g. “Igniting Summer Sales: Marketing Strategies for a Successful Season”) and industry-wide ecommerce benchmark reports.
Basically, there’s no shortage of opportunity for learning from Klaviyo. Multifaceted software platform aside, Klaviyo users get the chance to grow at scale thanks to all this information.
Klaviyo Review 2021: An Investment In Your Growth
If you want to take e-commerce marketing and email campaigns seriously in 2021 and beyond, we definitely recommend taking advantage of Klaviyo’s extensive and dynamic list of features.
No matter the size of your business, there are numerous ways you can benefit from Klaviyo. Your ROI—and your business as a whole—will reap the rewards.
Want to learn more about how to drive revenue with email marketing (with or without the Klaviyo email marketing agency)? Check out the Ignite Visibility YouTube channel for a recorded webinar of our own. This ecommerce email marketing webinar will provide you with a strong foundation to get started!